Dive into the rich tapestry of live music that defines Austin’s culture, as we take you on a personalized tour of iconic music venues. From intimate performances to legendary stages, our private experience ensures an unforgettable musical journey.
Weird Austin City Tour – Private
Uncover the quirks and charms of Austin
- Private Tour for 1-4 guests
- Private Tour Up to 13 For 5-13 guests
Step into the weird and wonderful world of Austin
How did Austin get its “weird” reputation? Why is Willie Nelson worshiped like a god king? What’s the deal with all the bats? Why are locals getting into bar fights over the best breakfast taco?
Find out all these answers and more…even if some of it may shock you…on our Weird Austin City Tour.
Here at Twisted Texas we trolled the archives, pestered locals, and maybe even did a little dumpster diving to know all the weird and wild tales of Austin. And now we want to share them with you. Your Twisted guide will show you the best of everything Austin has to offer: live music, food trucks, weird people, and oh so much more.
As an added bonus, we have a local musician riding shotgun to strum up some singalong classics and a few original tunes. So if you’re ready to do a little dance and make a little love to this incredible Texas city…this is the ride for you.
We make several badass stops along the way, with chances to sample local foods (on us!) and snap cool photos of local street art and the downtown skyline.
- 2.5 hours jam-packed with Austin’s weird local lore, memorable residents, and hidden secrets
- Local musician adds a little groove to this very un-traditional city tour
- Visit a one-of-a-kind, only gonna find it in Austin food vendor for a tasty treat
- Short walking tour across Lady Bird Lake for amazing Austin skyline photo opportunities (optional)
- See tons of Austin’s favorite attractions: Sixth Street, Capitol Building, Lady Bird Lake, South Congress, University of Texas, the East Side, plus lots of our favorite bars, restaurants, and live music venues
- BYOB van!
- Prizes, trivia games, and lots of ruckus raising.
- Tour may contain adult humor and risque language…you have been warned.
- This is a private tour. So we move at your pace and focus on what you love!
- Professional yet entertaining local guide to handle the details, so you don’t have to.
- BYOB vehicle. Ice chest and ice available upon request.
- Contact-free gratuity options: include gratuities when booking or tip day-of through Venmo or Cash app.
- Complimentary concierge service: We pick you up at your preferred location in the central downtown Austin area. AND! We’re happy to provide restaurant, activity, and nightlife recommendations to our guests as you plan your time in Austin.
- Standard Cancellation Policy: 25% of the total tour price is non-refundable. Tours canceled more than 48 hours from the tour start receive a 75% refund. Tours canceled within 48 hours from the tour start are 100% non-refundable.
- Want more flexibility? We got you. Add travel insurance at time of booking for the flexibility to cancel your tour up to 24 hours before the tour’s start time for a full refund, minus insurance cost, no questions asked. Tours canceled within 24 hours of the tour start are non-refundable, with or without insurance.
- The above policies apply if you cancel a tour for any reason. Twisted Texas Tour is not responsible for flight cancellations, illness, weather in your hometown or ours, hangovers, etc. Please protect your travel purchases, if not with us then with a full travel insurance policy.
- Tours canceled by Twisted Texas Tour will result in a full refund.